Sleeping Tips - 10 Tips To Help You Sleep Better
Article Posted on October 26, 2016...
If you are looking for ways to improve the quality of your sleep, make it easier to go to sleep or stay asleep longer, you might be interested in the checklist below. A restful night's sleep is essential to your good health and productive days. We have listed some sleep tips from the Better Sleep Council to help you get to sleep and stay asleep!
1. Start by keeping a schedule for sleep. It is a good idea to go to bed and wake at the same time every day, including weekends. Your body will adapt to this schedule and will help you fall asleep and wake up easier.
2. Develop and follow a routine that is relaxing before bed. This can include reading or quiet music.
3. A completely dark room will help you achieve a more restful sleep. Experts recommend turning off your cell phone (we know it's hard) and television, and turn your alarm clock away from you.
4. Do you love your bed? If you wake rested, refreshed and ready for the day you probably do. If not, have you thought that maybe your mattress, bedding or pillow could be to blame? It is essential for your mattress and pillow to be supportive and as these items are used, they can begin to lose their ability to provide you with the support you require. That is where we come in :) Call us if you need help with picking out your bedding.
5. If possible, try to keep your bedroom free of electronics and work related materials. Make it a restful and calm place for yourself, not somewhere that you associate with stress or deadlines.
6. Alcohol, caffeine and food are not recommended close to your bedtime. They can prevent you from falling asleep, produce a restless night, or wake you from your sleep before you are due to rise.
7. If you are unable to stop thinking about your day's activities or your upcoming day write your thoughts down so you will not forget and try to relax.
8. Keep your bedroom cool. It is easier to achieve a restful night's sleep in a cool environment.
9. Invest in quality bedding. Your body will be able to reach and maintain an ideal body temperature resulting in a peaceful sleep.
10. Eat well and exercise regularly. Your body will thank you.
Enjoy your sleep! Sweet dreams!